Deploy a Java Application to the OEF Hosted Environment
Follow these instructions to deploy your Java application to the OEF Hosted Environment without an IDE.
Before you begin:
- Obtain your OEF Hosted Environment URL, username, and password from your coach.
- Make sure you have unrestricted Internet access and that proxy servers or firewalls are not blocking access to the Oracle GlassFish Server Administration Console.
Deploy a Java Application WAR File Using the Oracle GlassFish Server Administration Console
Enter the URL for the "Oracle GlassFish Server Administration Console". The format for this URL is "https://
- Open a browser.
- In the address bar, enter your OEF Hosted Environment URL.
- Add a colon ":" to the end of this URL.
- Add the Web Admin interface server's port "8787" followed by a forward slash "/".
- In this example, the Web Admin URL is "https://xxddtjwifeogcqgavnwa.thinkquest.org:8787/".
In the login window, enter the OEF Hosted Environment username and password.
Deploy the application:
- Go to "Applications".
- Click the radio button next to "Packaged File to Be Uploaded to the Server".
- Click "Choose file".
Select the desired WAR file.
- Make a selection from the "Type" dropdown list. In this example, we select "Web Application".
- In the "Context Root" field, enter the name of the context root for your application. In this example, we name our context root "HelloWorld".
- In the "Application Name" field, enter the name for your application. In this example, we name our application "HelloWorld".
The new application will be listed under "Deployed Applications".
Your application is deployed and can be run in a browser. In this example, the application URL is: