Welcome to Chile
• What can Chile show the world?
• Curriculum standards
1. Write a variety of expository texts which include a thesis in the introduction, supporting details in the body, and transition words throughout leading to the conclusion. Additionally, writing will include information from primary and secondary sources that has been quoted, paraphrased.
2. Use appropriate conventions for documentation in the text, notes and bibliographies by adhering to those in style manuals.
3. Write a narrative which explores experiences and events, using language in natural, fresh and vivid ways to establish a specific tone.
4. Write responses to literature or texts to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the significant ideas in words or passages; analyze the imagery language, universal themes, and unique aspects of the text; supporting important ideas and view points through accurate and detailed references to texts.
1. Read various types of authentic texts in order to interpret, extract information, identify literary elements and techniques, make judgments, form conclusions, and establish global relationships through analysis and critical thinking.
2. Participate in interdisciplinary projects requiring the integration of language skills with academic areas.
3. Apply reading strategies such as skimming, scanning, and summarizing in order to better understand the text.
• Expected outcomes
1. To communicate in different situations producing comprehensible written texts.
2. To solicit, give and exchange information understanding the purpose and message in various situations.
3. To learn writing techniques that can be applied in academic and personal setting.
4. To understand the importance of the written word in self-expression.
1. To comprehend authentic literary and expository texts of various lengths.
2. To skim and scan for meaning of authentic texts for various communicative purposes.
3. To draw conclusions and find relationships that aid in the interpretation of the text.
4. To develop a positive attitude towards reading, respect for diverse cultures, and motivation to further promote reading in English.
1. To respect and value differing beliefs, ideas and opinions; to view dialogue as a platform for conflict-resolution and an approximation to the truth.
2. To promote motivation and a quest for knowledge; to search for, select and use relevant information.
• Required resources:
-Primary source information (survey, interview, or letter)
• This project will help Chile to develop tourism.
MACARENAVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
CONSTANZAVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
TRINIDADVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
19 & under
Jacinda ForsterVilla Maria Academy, XIII región Metropolitana de Santiago, Chile
Geography & Travel > South America
Our team happened to work very efficiently together and we finished our project on time. We divided our project according the different areas of interest of each member of the team, this way we were all motivated to investigate about our topic. Trinidad helped all the team with her experience, by teaching us how to use MAC computers that were the ones that we had to use for the project. Additionally, Macarena provided her optimism and her unique ideas to give our project its basic structure. Last but not least, Constanza enthusiastically cooperated with her great typing and writing skills giving the project the finest details and ideas.
The members of our team are very diverse and we all contribute with different skills and points of view to the project. All three of us come from different group of friends inside of our school. Although we are all Catholics, we are part of varied Christian groups like Schoenstatt or CVX. In spite of all this we shared our diverse ideas and heard the other ones respecting each other.
As we are sure most of the other groups did, we also searched in books and encyclopedias, instead of just searching the Web. That way our sources came from several places and we gathered a complete and wider idea of our topic.