How to choose the correct drinks for the primary and secondary school students
“Chinese residents of nutrition and health survey "shows that young people in China, obesity and overweight are big problems for them, children who under the age of 18 overweight and obesity rates were 17.6% and 5.6%. In large cities, the boys’ overweight rate was 16.7%, girls are 9.6% rate of overweight. relevant agencies’ research showed that the carbonated drinks do not have contain protein, trace elements and other essential nutrients. But the high-calorie drinks is one of reasons that make children fat. According to the Ministry of Health published "Our integrated nutrition and health survey report" shows that the obesity rate of children has been an upward trend. experts believe that the issue of child obesity and eating "junk food" has a close relationship, and carbonated drinks is one of ten junk food that World Health Organization has been classified.
The purpose that our team do this survey is to know the drinks and know that how carbonated drinks affect children’ health. We hope that students can choose the carbonated drinks in the right way after we do the survey.
The investigation report of how primary school students choose their favourite drinks
The objectives of the survey: to get a knowledge of how drinks and beverages commonly affect their health; to make a survey about whether the primary school students have the ability to choose their suitable drinks.
Survey methodology: Collect data、questionnaire、survey interview
The course of the investigation:
1、 The first phase:
Members involved in this activity got to know soething about drinks by surfing the Internet, referring to some books and cutting newspapers, and then exchanged their information on Thinkquest, knowing that those common carbonated drinks have a great impact on the primary school students, carbonated drinks has been listed in the top ten junk foods by the WHO.
2、The second phase:
We designed 40 questionnaires in advance, of which 24 were handed out to the members, and randomly asked several students to fill in them in our PE. And then, we requested the parents of the students to finish the rest, who had come to collect their children after school, in order to learn something about how the parents instruct their children to choose the suitable drinks. After we retrieved all the questionnaires, we analysed the data separately.
we interviewed some students randomly on the playground to see how much they know about the soft drinks and whether they can choose the right ones for them.
1. The majority of primary school students prefer to go to the supermarket to buy their favourite drinks because the qulity and service are both guaranteed.
2. The carbonated drinks , of which Coca cola and Sprite are their favourite, is the first chioce to them, with fruit juice drinks increasing recently.
3. Students focus on the taste while parents pay more attention to the nutritions contained in the drinks or whether it’s beneficial to the children’s health when they are making chioces.
4. The students agree to the idea that “Boiled water is the best to drink” under the guide of their parents, while when they make a real chioce, they prefer the carbonated drinks, which, we think, has something to do with the advertisements.
5. Primary school students are lacking in the knowledge of soft drinks, so they are badly in need of the instructions relevant to how to choose the soft drinks suitable for them.
xuewei临朐县第一实验小学, 山东 ShanDong, China
liangcheng临朐县第一实验小学, 山东 ShanDong, China
guanhua临朐县第一实验小学, 山东 ShanDong, China
yuke临朐县第一实验小学, 山东 ShanDong, China
12 & under
xiwei liu临朐县第一实验小学, 山东 ShanDong, China
Health & Safety > Nutrition > Teenagers
Our team is a total of five members. One coach and four students. The activities of the investigation carried out smoothly, team members are doing their works divide. we made the activity plan with coach and other team members.
Our team members come from the same school with a class, which convenient student to do a team work. At the activity, team members with a wealth of network resources, school resources and community resources, they got the direct, real data,to ensure that they can do the survey perfect.